This is how I make yogurt
It's so easy to make your own yogurt!
Why make your own yogurt at all? Homemade yogurt gives you full control over the ingredients and the manufacturing process. You can use fresh milk of your choice and decide whether to add probiotic cultures or natural flavors.
This is how easy it is to make your own yogurt:
Add a bag of My.Yo yoghurt ferment to a little milk while stirring. Then add the remaining milk, 1 liter in total.
When everything is well mixed, close the inner container with the transparent lid.
Pour 3/4 liter of boiling water into the My.Yo yogurt maker and place the inner container over it.
Close the lid and wait 12-14 hours. Stir the finished yoghurt briefly and put it in the fridge for a few hours.
Discover our ferments
Preparation without the My.Yo yogurt maker
- Heat milk: Heat milk to a specific temperature to kill bacteria and create the ideal environment for fermentation.
- Allow to cool: Allow the milk to cool to the desired temperature. This is important because it influences the activity of the yoghurt cultures.
- Add cultures: Stir yogurt starter cultures (yogurt ferment or a small coffee cup of yogurt with live cultures) into the milk. These will start the fermentation process.
- Fermentation: Keep the milk mixture warm to allow fermentation for several hours. A yogurt maker or a warm place in your kitchen can be helpful.
- Cooling and storing: After fermentation, cool the yogurt and let it ripen further in the refrigerator. This will make the consistency firmer.
- The longer the fermentation, the more sour the yogurt.
- Ideally, use whole milk for creamy yogurt.
- Yogurt can serve as a base for smoothies, desserts, and more.
Conclusion: Making your own yogurt is an enriching experience that allows you to explore your individual preferences. With simple steps and a little patience, you can make high-quality, healthy yogurt and treat your taste buds to delicious taste. Start making your own yogurt and discover the joy of truly homemade food!